Saturday, April 13, 2013


Desires of our heart 

THANK'FUL, a. Grateful; impressed with a sense of kindness received, and ready to acknowledge it. The Lord's supper is to be celebrated with a thankful remembrance of his sufferings and death.

Be thankful to him, and bless his name. Ps.100. (1828 dictionary) 


Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth! Worship the Lord with gladness. Come before him, singing with joy. Acknowledge that the Lord is God! He made us, and we are his. We are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation. (Psalms 100:1-5 NLT)


I was reminded yesterday how slack I can be at giving God thanks for His blessings in my life. I get so busy at times taking care of my family, work, my selfish wants, with life, that I lose touch so quickly of how blessed I am. There are some days that just ooze of thankfulness, it just rolls off me like the air leaving my lungs, then other days I am so distracted (squirrel) that I don't even know what's next. I know that's the devils plan to keep me so distracted from the good things, from my purpose, and keep me focused on the bad or the busy. 

"What you focus on the longest will become strongest." 

We went to hear the prophet Donnie Cook last night at a meeting in Dunn. Michael and I have heard him numerous times, we've seen God heal, deliver, and encourage those in need.  We have been the receiver each time we have attended any of these meetings. Last night was no different. I watched as God used this man to minister to the hurting, the sick, and to those who weren't really expecting anything be in awe at what God revealed.  Stick with me, I promise I Have a point.  At the end, Donnie reached out for Michael and spoke a word into his life. I watched as my 6'3" husband was laid to the ground in the spirit from the word spoken over his life. Now I have seen that happen a million times and it isn't the first time God has spoken a word over him, but last night was different for me. I stood there praying with this man that God has blessed me with. The man of God that has always been the desire of my heart. The man of God I deeply longed for. As Michael's hands were stretched up, I reached down and placed my hand over his, and instantly he knew my touch, and squeezed my hand. In that moment gratitude began to flow out from me. This man that I longed for, searched for (boy there were lots of detours) prayed for, was grasping my hand. I am very blessed to say the least, what I thought impossible, God made possible. My life is a miracle, my marriage is planned by God, my husband is a gift, and I thank God He gives me the desires of my heart.  

Know this, God does answer our deepest need, God does give us the desires of our hearts, and He loves you deeply.  My husband is a daily reminder and causes gratitude to swell in my heart because the lover of my soul simply loves me that much. 

God loves you that much too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment