Saturday, April 6, 2013

What is truth?


And he said unto them, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear. That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them. (Mark 4:9, 12 KJV)
Truth: who does God reveal it too? People who are ready, honest seekers, people who will act on it, and people who will make it evident in their lives.

I've struggled with understanding why I and other people claim to know the truth but they like Saul aka Paul don't see the truth. Saul knew the word backwards and forward. He would most likely have become a high priest with the truth he knew. But not until Saul had an experience with God, his eyes were opened and God's truth and understanding were revealed to him.

This reminds me of people who claim they know God ("fans" as Kyle Idleman calls them) post scriptures on their Facebook, instagram, twitter, some sit in church pews every week, and have the fish symbol on their car but their actions are so contrary to the faith they claim to possess.  They do not display the fruit of the spirit, they have sat under great teaching, why can't they truly see?

The scariest thing of all is that I am that person, I have been that person. I have been in the place were I thought what I believed was truth. But one day God opened my blinded eyes and His truth came pouring into my life.  I was able to see and understand things that before we're so hazy.  I realized what a fool I have been.  I realized that what I believed to be truth was just a bunch of lies with a little bit of truth sprinkled in. "Depending on what you look at the longest will become strongest.  If you stare only at the lies in your life the truth becomes very hazy and you can't see anything else" Jennifer Beckham. Those lies you are staring at become your truth.

My question for you today is simply this: What is truth? Ask God this question, be ready for His answer, and make it evident in your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment