Friday, January 16, 2015

Slowing Down

The lack of Slowing down. The Lord has dropped the word SLOW DOWN in my spirit since the beginning of the year. I am a planner, a list maker, & I am able to get a lot accomplished in a day. However, I've found myself feeling like Solomon most days:

Then I took a good look at everything I’d done, looked at all the sweat and hard work. But when I looked, I saw nothing but smoke. Smoke and spitting into the wind. There was nothing to any of it. Nothing. (‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭2‬:‭11‬ MSG)

God is showing me I can be busy but running in place; I can have a full schedule but empty inside at the same time. So, I'm working to invite God into the daily details of my day. Seeking his will and
Purpose into each call I make and Into each person I see daily. Not to simply rush through the day so I can check something else off my to do list. I have found my most successful days have been days when I slowed down & made a difference in someone else's day. I feel I have truly served not just whew I made it through another day. But then I struggle internally because I feel in my mind I didn't meet my expectations for the day. (My expectations for myself are set pretty high. I'm a self bully). So Now I'm working to give ROOM for God to move in these day to day encounters. And working to realize that it's more important to encounter God in my everyday work schedule then checking tasks off my list. I'm slowing down and enjoying each God moment with others. I'm having a plan and working the plan & learning to bend when I need to alter my plan. Working daily to be full of divine purpose.

Look carefully then how you walk! Live purposefully and worthily and accurately, not as the unwise and witless, but as wise (sensible, intelligent people),

Therefore do not be vague and thoughtless and foolish, but understanding and firmly grasping what the will of the Lord is. (‭Ephesians‬ ‭5‬:‭15, 17‬ AMP)

So I'm working hard to slow down, work with divine purpose, and stop bullying myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment